Wednesday, October 13, 2004

When it rains, it pours

Every summer I go backpacking with a group of guys - big weeklong journeys - the goal being to ditch humanity, shoulder the packs, get high (as in above treeline, silly!), and get lost in the solitary scenery. We call it the "Adventure" series (as in Adventure '04, Adventure '03, etc.) This year's trip was in the Golden Trout Wilderness in the Inyo National Forest in California's Sierra Nevada mountain range. I really need to get some pictures online, as the experience was simply incredible. But I digress ...

In talking with Paul last night, it seems that the men of Adventure '04 have had some pretty significant life changes recently:

Paul - after 3 years of working for these guys, Paul landed a different job. Good work Paul, you earned it.

Kennedy - He and his wife now have two children, and have recently decided to divorce. It's almost good to know (now) that things weren't going well in his relationship then, since this would certainly explain the weird vibes he was giving off on Adventure '04. Really gotta feel for their children, though.

Moi - Decided last year that I don't want to have kids, now or ever, and just last week took control of my life and "fixed" things so I don't have to worry about that happening.

My experience left me feeling empowered. I wonder what feelings have been inspired for the others?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home