Friday, December 16, 2005

Ski-biking fun this Saturday

Forwarded by a friend ...

Come one come all to a day or an hour of fun at the deer pen.

Saturday Dec 17th we will sled and ski bike at the deer pen (the deer pen is the name they call the area below the minnehaha falls by the V.A. hospital) the time is High Noon (so about 12:30) it is fun for the whole family or just one person in the woods however you want it just show up and have fun hope to see yall there.

And I assume they're not talking about mass-production ski bikes either. To see what I mean, read this announcement from a similar event in Feb '05. Here's a video clip pulled from surlyblog as well.

Guess I know what I'll be doing between now and then - snagging some junk skis at goodwill, and figuring a way to lash 'em to my mtn bike. If I can't get that to work, I'll probably just show up with a sled instead - anything to have some fun sliding down the hill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

My Dad and his brothers put short skis on the front of their bike and a knobby tire on the back for winter riding.

I was pretty little so I don't know how it worked but they took us for rides on the handle bars once.

This looks like a fun way to spend a day...Crap! You haven't blogged since that weekend! Hope you are ok.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home