Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Making of Jurassic Park

I remember once, a long time ago, I saw a show about the making of "Jurassic Park" - mostly about the special effects. There's the scene where the T-Rex is approaching the Jeep, and the first sign of it's approach is the ripples of water in a glass on the vehicle's dash. Left to it's own devices, the water wanted to ripple haphazardly, but they wanted clean, concentric ripples, and it took them forever to figure out how to do it.

Well, I discovered (quite unintentionally) that I can duplicate that effect in my kitchen sink. My sink is one of those double-basin, stainless steel jobs. I had a glass full of water in one basin, and tapping on the bottom of the other basin produced these perfect, beautiful, concentric ripples - just like in the movie! Neato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home