Tuesday, November 09, 2004

No northern lights

I just got back from the south shore of Lake Calhoun. Tonight was supposed to be another night where the Aurora borealis would be visible from the city, so I biked down there in hopes of getting a good view of the northern sky, away from the streetlights and light pollution that goes with them. Despite the numerous backpacking trips I've taken in Northern MN as well as out west, I've never been lucky enough to see them. Alas, I couldn't see them tonight, either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Aurora Borealis now either. But then again, it's cloudy. If I could see the northern lights through the clouds I would go inside, into the basement, and cover my head with concrete.

I heard that last night they could see them in Texas. Which reminds me of a Muppets tape we had when I was little. There was this line in "Can you picture that," that went "Aurora Borealis, shinning down in Dallas, can you picture that?"

NQTYD

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home