Sunday, November 14, 2004

Some customer service

So I'm at the checkout at Target. The cashier is this pasty white, tall-yet-scrawny, half-balding guy, maybe early thirties. Not much conversation between the two of us. But when he hands me my receipt, he mutters to me "It's all good". Except of course it was spoken like "iz awl good". I've always said that Target has impeccable customer service.

I suppose this isn't as bad as my behavior back when I was a grocery bagger/carry-out boy in high school. (Aside: we had to wear ties, and guys weren't allowed to wear earrings.) The grocery store would often have sales on 2-liter bottles of pop, and you'd get grandmothers coming in an buying a half-dozen or dozen bottles. Now, these 2 liters don't pack very well, especially in paper bags. The best way I could pack 'em was to put one bottle upright in each corner of the bag, then drop a fifth bottle down the center, creating a solid unit containing 10 liters of pop. Worked great for me. Then I'd throw these monsters back into the cart, truck them out to parking lot and load 'em into the unsuspecting grandma's car, leaving her to wrestle with them when she got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home