Thursday, March 17, 2005

Helluva blizzard brewing

Well, it looks like mother nature's hell bent on throwing a massive wrench into my training plans for the weekend. You know there must be a helluva blizzard brewing when Northwest Airlines proactively offers vouchers in anticipation of the storm:
Updated 3/17/05 - 12:00 p.m. CST

Due to a snow storm expected in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Northwest has issued a weather waiver for passengers ticketed for travel Thursday, March 17 through Saturday, March 19, 2005 to, from or through Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.

From what I've gathered, somewhere between 6 and 12 inches are expected over the next 36 hours or so. Pretty crazy. I noticed that some of the bulbs in front of my house have started sprouting - I wonder how they're going to feel buried in that much snow?



Anyway, so much for taking the Cervelo out this weekend :-( I'll still try to get a long run in sometime this weekend, and probably take the Equalizer out on Sunday, but that's just not the same. I really want to start getting some miles on my road steed, but I haven't had her out since the infamous Cinderblock Stonehenge ride in Feb.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gilby said...

Oh eeeeyeah, SNOW! I can't wait to be back in Minneapolis!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home