Sunday, February 27, 2005

Bikey Care Package

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to bike down to 50th/France to get my ice skates sharpened, a long cylindrical package showed up on my doorstep. I was like, hmmm, what the heck is this? No return address either. Then I remembered that my sis had mentioned something about sending care packages to frick and I figured this must be it.

Contents of the package:
  • Tons of Chicago Critical Mass stickers and stuff
  • Stack of bike-themed stationary and envelopes (I know people rarely write letters nowadays, but I'll be busting out my old manual typewriter with this stationary, just for effect.)
  • Several postcards and larger prints with a "bicycles as ants" theme. My favorite one shows several overturned automobiles being carried away by an army of teeny-tiny bikes - just like ants carrying away a picnic basket in a cartoon. Very cool. Wish I had a scanner so I could post a picture here.
  • A menu from The Handlebar bikey bar & grill in Chicago, which my sis has been invited to become part owner. You can tell it's a bikey bar by their happy hour specials ... $1.50 PBR pints, $1 Schlitz cans? Sounds like a bikey bar to me!
  • And the coolest thing, a Chicago Bicycle Federation tshirt in stunning brown w/light blue trim. Way cool.

Thanks sis!!!

On a side-note, I'm making it a goal to visit Chicago on a Critical Mass weekend, sometime before next winter. From what I've heard, Chicago Mass is totally off-the-hook ... hundreds of riders in winter, riders in the many hundreds or thousands in summer, really need to check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home