Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bicycle Tour of Colorado - Day 7 – Mancos to Pagosa Springs - 88mi

Wicked traffic today. Many miles of roadway had rumble strips separating the shoulder from the road, and moderate to heavy traffic. At the end of the day, we learned that one rider was killed after getting hit by a truck. Tragic. This was an 80+ mile day … most of the great scenery was already behind us, and the traffic didn’t help. It was an OK ride, but not an exceptional capstone to an otherwise incredible trip. I arrived at Pagosa to find that my luggage was missing. Turns out that Gregg and Julie thought they’d do me a favor by grabbing my luggage for me, without telling me. I appreciate the thought – but please, never never grab someone elses luggage unless they’re expecting it – it tends to freak them out when they can’t find the luggage, or their friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home