Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ecological Footprint Quiz

Since my humble little blog is getting a little traffic from the Babelogue link, it's high time I post something useful. Something that might open a few people's eyes and get them thinking. Here goes.

Ever wondered how many Earths would be required if everyone on the planet lived your lifestyle?

This Ecological Footprint Quiz estimates how much productive land and water you need to support what you use and what you discard. After answering 15 easy questions you'll be able to compare your Ecological Footprint to what other people use and to what is available on this planet.

My results? Pretty shocking, actually. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle, don't eat much meat, ride public transit or bike almost everywhere, live in a small condo, minimize the amount of waste I generate, buy much less useless junk than the average person, and still, under best assumptions, this quiz says 4.4 Earths would be required to support a humanity living as I do.

Care to downsize your life, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home